1. Visa Type
- D4 (Language studying visa): A Student enrolling in the Korean Language Program gets a
- D4, and it is valid until his/her course in the Korean Language Program is completed..
- D2 (For students): This is designed for students who wish to pursue academic courses at universities or graduate schools. Generally, the visa is issued on 1~2 year basis.
- C3(Tourist visa): You may enter Korea with a C3 visa at first and change your visa to the relevant visa. (However, it differs from country to country)
2. Visa Extension
- D4 (Language studying visa): Office of International Affairs handles this
- D2 (For students): Before the expiration date, you should prepare the documents needed and extend the visa at the Immigration Office.
※If you are a student holding a D2 visa, the Office of International Affairs takes care of visa related work twice a year (March and September)
- Required documents: Notification at the beginning of semester
3. Visa Change
If your qualification for the stay is changed, you need to change your visa accordingly Required documents: Notification at the beginning of the semester
4. Issing Alien Registration Cards
If visa is issued from his/her own country, he/she should register as an alien and obtain a certificate of alien registration from an immigration office within 90 days of entry. For freshmen, apply at the beginning of the semester according to the instructions of the Office of International Affairs Required documents : Notification at the beginning of semester
5. Passport Extension
Before the expiration date, you must go to the embassy of your country in Korea to extend or reissue your passport.